Your personal information is collected by Wasaga Distribution Inc. under the authority of the Electricity Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. A.
- To confirm your identity, respond to your inquiries and maintain business relations with you;
- To deliver and maintain electricity service;
- To bill and collect payment;
- To establish your credit worthiness;
- To register you for pre-authorized payment;
- For legal, regulatory and market operations requirements;
- To help prevent or investigate fraud, theft of power or other breaches of the law;
- To provide you with information about our services, the electricity industry, energy conservation and rates;
- To request your participation in surveys or contests; or
- To notify you about events or causes.
In some cases, your information will be shared with third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers are given only the information necessary to perform those services that we have contracted them to provide
If you have any questions about this collection, the ways in which your personal information may be used by Wasaga Distribution, or would like further information about our privacy policies, please contact Wasaga Distribution Inc. by telephone at 705-429-2517 or by email at email@example.com.
The Distribution System Code sets out the minimum obligations that a licensed electricity distributor must meet in carrying out its obligations to distribute electricity within its service area under its license.