Wasaga Distribution distributes power and related services inside the Town of Wasaga Beach, a vibrant community, with an ever-growing population. The present population is in excess of 23,000 and comprises a total service area of 61 square kilometers. The Utility serves approximately 15,000 residential and commercial customers and has more than 235 kilometers of conductor, both overhead and underground. The electrical power distribution system has more than 1,400 distribution transformers and nearly 5,500 poles in service, supplied by six owned and one shared distribution stations.
To provide our customers with excellent products and services in a competitive, safe, reliable, and efficient manner, while always recognizing our community and environmental responsibilities. To operate a distribution network that supports Ontario’s energy future by delivering obligations mandated by the Ontario Government and other regulatory agencies.
A growth-oriented, community-focused organization that is a leader in Ontario’s energy sector.
- A positive work environment: Dedicated to creating a supportive environment for all employees, including Board members, in a climate of respect, honesty, and trust. We encourage staff to exchange ideas, be innovative and practice a healthy work-life balance.
- A safe work environment: Committed to ensuring that all employees work in a safe environment that meets all current workplace and environmental standards.
- Excellence: Devoted to enhancing the quality of our services, products, and practices through continuous improvement and innovation.
- Risk management: Determined to pursue innovation and long-term sustainable growth while acknowledging and addressing relevant risks.
- Partnerships: Dedicated to creating and nurturing collaborative relationships to support the organization’s goals.
- Customer-focused: Committed to helping our customers by listening to their needs, working hard to meet their expectations, and valuing all our customer interactions.