Consistently ranked one of the most efficient Utilities in Ontario; you are in good hands.
Wasaga Distribution Inc. requires all customers to sign a service agreement for each service (see Application Forms). This agreement only takes a few minutes to complete and will provide you with information regarding our standard office procedures. In addition, this process ensures that all of your information with us is correct.
Note: once your service has commenced, your acceptance of the service agreement is implied.
Residential customers will not be required to pay a security deposit if:
- A Wasaga Distribution Hydro Application is completed and submitted to our office (refer to Application Forms).
- OR a letter of reference of Good Payment History (see below) for a 12 month period over the last 24 months from another electricity or gas distributor in Canada can be provided.
We require a security deposit in the following instances:
- Any new customer that does not have a prior acceptable payment history with Hydro, or cannot provide a reference letter stating that they had a good payment history from another electric or gas distributor in Canada.
- Any existing customer that has an unacceptable payment history.
- Information from the Customer’s previous distributor indicates an unpaid final bill, or a poor payment history.
- If an active customer with an unacceptable payment history opens an additional account, a security deposit will be required for the additional account.
- If an active customer already has a deposit on file, but has an unacceptable payment history as per the above, they may be asked for an additional deposit.
Residential customers who have maintained an acceptable payment history for one year will not be required to supply a security deposit.
Occupancy Charge / Change
All customers receive a one time charge of $30.00 on their first bill at each new location. This charge is for setting up your account and taking meter readings.
Wasaga Distribution Inc. requires a Fax or Email from either the Vendor’s or Purchaser’s lawyer indicating the closing date of the property purchased or sold. We also require the name and mailing address of the new owners (if other than the service address in Wasaga Beach).
Good Payment History
A customer is deemed to have Good Payment History unless one of the following has occurred:
- More than one collection notice has been issued in a 12-month period.
- A disconnection/collection trip has occurred.
- More than one cheque has been returned due to insufficient funds, or there has been a stop payment over a 12-month period.
- More than one automatic withdrawal has been returned due to insufficient funds in a 12-month period.
Your deposit will be refunded in the event that:
- You maintain Good Payment History for twelve consecutive months.
- The deposit will be applied to your account on the thirteenth month.
- You move out of Wasaga Distribution Inc.’s service area.
- If you have a balance on your account that is larger than your deposit, your full deposit will be used against that amount and the remaining balance will be billed and then mailed to your forwarding address, with ‘Final Bill’ marked on it.
- If your deposit is larger than the balance owing on your account once it has been finalized, a cheque will be mailed to your forwarding address.
- The cheque will be in the amount of any credit left on your account. A copy of your final bill will be with the cheque, the bill will also read “Final Bill”
Wasaga Distribution Inc. has the right to request another security deposit if an account is no longer in Good Payment History after a deposit has been refunded.
We will review the status of your deposit(s) annually to determine whether the entire amount of the deposit is to be returned or if the amount should be recalculated. You may demand in writing, no earlier than 12 months after the payment of a security deposit, that we review the amount of the deposit.